Cable railing systems are gaining popularity for residential and commercial projects. They offer a sleek and modern look that improves the appearance and functionality of any space. Cable railing systems use horizontal or vertical wires tensioned between posts or frames, creating a strong, safe, and transparent barrier. When selecting a cable for a railing system, one needs to consider the project’s environment, design, and maintenance. Marine grade stainless steel cable is among the most excellent solutions because it offers several advantages over other types of cables.
What is Stainless Steel Cable of Marine Grade?
Marine-grade steel cable is a superior stainless-steel alloy with high corrosion resistance, particularly in marine conditions. It often comprises 316L stainless steel, an alloy with better corrosion resistance because of the addition of molybdenum.
Why Choose Marine Grade Steel Cable for Cable Railing System?
The following are some of the key benefits of marine-grade steel cable:
Durability: It can endure challenging weather conditions, like saltwater, humidity, rain, snow, and sun exposure, without damage. In contrast to other cables that may require frequent replacement or maintenance, it does not rust, corrode, or deteriorate with time.
Strength: The cable can withstand enormous weights and resist stretching or breaking because of its high tensile strength. Additionally, it can withstand extreme temperatures and pressures without changing its shape or functionality.
Flexibility: The steel cable is flexible enough to fit various angles and curves in the railing design. Additionally, adjusting and tension to reach the necessary degree of stability and stiffness is simple.
The Installation Procedures for Cable Railing System
Installation instructions for Marine grade stainless steel cable are as follows:
- Measure the railing’s width and height to determine the number and spacing of posts or frames.
- Determining the type and dimensions of end fittings, such as turnbuckles, swage terminals, or swage less fittings, is also necessary.
- Choose from ready-made cable assemblies that are pre-cut and pre-swaged for simple installation when ordering steel cable assemblies, or order the cable and fittings separately and swage them with a unique tool.
- Install the supports or frames specified in the design, then firmly fasten them to the wall or floor.
How is a Cable Railing System Maintained?
Here are some guidelines to remember for cable maintenance:
- Utilize a typical mild soap and water solution to clean the cable. Avoid using aggressive cleaners or chemicals that can ruin or discolor the surface.
- Check the steel wire regularly for any wear or damage, such as fraying, kinking, cracking, or loosening. Replace any damaged parts as soon as possible.
- To avoid rusting or seizing, lubricate the end fittings occasionally with silicone spray or oil.
Marine grade stainless steel cable is a reliable and adaptable choice for cable railing systems. It offers many advantages, including corrosion resistance, durability, flexibility, attractiveness, and safety. It is a cost-effective and durable solution for the project and is also simple to install and maintain. Marine-grade cable is the way to go if one is seeking a high-quality cable for a railing system.